On May 13, 2019, Commerce Equitable France, MOUVES, RTES, the Platform for another CAP and the collective “Repenser les fillières” (Rethinking Value Chains) organized a conference : Inequalities and climate change, which Europe to face these global issues?
This event was the opportunity to invite candidates to the European Parliament and discuss their position on Fair Trade, Social & Solidarity Economy and International Solidarity
The following candidates were present :
- Guillaume Balas – Generation (s)
- Benoit Biteau – Europe Ecologie Les Verts
- Julie Garnier – La France Insoumise
- Cristina Storoni – Les Republicans
- Pascal Durand – Renaissance (en Marche)
The following issues and questions were addressed :
For a Europe champion of economic justice :
1. What European regulations for fair businesses that respect human rights and the environment?
2. What public policies to increase the share of SSE companies in the European economy?
For a Europe champion of sustainable and equitable agriculture :
3. What CAP for a profitable, ecological and labor-intensive agriculture?
For a Europe champion of peace and social innovation :
4. How can Europe support local authorities and civil society in the experimentation and spin-off of social innovations?
The exchange were successful and candidates were given the opportunity to commit on key measures they would take if they are elected.
Read their commitments